HONORING THE PAST CELEBRATING THE PRESENT SUPPORTING THE FUTURE
Established in 1915, this Michigan State University Varsity ‘S’ Club operates to further the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics’ goal of unifying the athletics family of past, present and future Spartan athletes. The department provides coordinated administrative support, access to a broad range of communication and technology capabilities, opportunities for personal engagement, support for recognizing achievements and organizing celebrations, as well as other enhanced resources and opportunities for collaborative mentorship.
To promote cooperation among the alumni varsity athletes of Michigan State University, and with the Athletic Department, the University Administration and the Student Body.
To promote a high standard of athletic and academic achievement among student-athletes at Michigan State University.
To create a fellowship among MSU alumni varsity athletes.
To maintain for the use of the membership, and appropriate MSU Athletic Department and University functions, the rooms in the west wing of Spartan Stadium, given to the Club for its use in perpetuity by MSU President John Hannah, known as the Varsity Club Room.
To encourage and actively participate in the development and maintenance of a written and pictorial history of all MSU Spartan intercollegiate athletic teams, and to provide a repository for such materials that is accessible to the membership and other interested parties.
To assist through the proper University channels support of the MSU athletic program through encouraging member contributions to the MSU Spartan Fund.
To extend assistance and encouragement to all organized activity sponsored for the betterment of athletics at Michigan State University.
Our two major annual events are: